Thursday, February 10, 2011

2011 - been a while!

Ok, here it is February 2011 - it's been a while and much has changed!  We rented out our Portland home and moved down to San Carlos, CA!  Loving the 'ranch' living - the dogs are in hog heaven!  What hasn't changed is that I'm still cooking for my dogs, but I no longer have to cook for my husband since he eats at work all the time :)

Over the past several months, I revised/improved/refined/reworked my recipes for the 'kids'.  I've used kelp/sea weed, flax, all sorts of things and decided to simplify.  Using Dr Pitcairn's book, I would make a batch of the "Healthy Powder" to add to their meals.  For meals, I would cook up potatoes - either sweetpotatoes, red or fingerlings, sometimes spinach, or green beans, that is the 'filler portion' - no grains.  Then if using ground beef, I'll cook that in the mix.  I like to buy a whole top sirloin roast from Costco and slice it myself - about 1/2" thick is nice so that the dogs can exercise their jaws.  A RAW chicken wing after each meal to brush their teeth is best.  They also get salmon oil or fish oil - whichever I have handy.  I've not had any problems with the dogs being gassy or having diarrhea problems - they are totally happy and healthy babies!! :)

Here's a mixture of potatoes, green beans and adding some chicken stock...
Add a slice of top sirloin...USDA Choice is good enough for our 'kids' =)

 Then some "Healthy Powder" - recipe from Dr Pitcairn's book and some good salmon oil

 Healthy meal for our kids!
 Followed by some outdoor roam time...
 Lots of fresh air, sunshine...
 Results in very happy kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment